Friday, October 24, 2003

We had dinner last night at my parents. They have about 25 clocks in their home. About 20 of them run on electricity so it really sucks when the power goes out. But what sucks more is Daylight Savings. I still don't get why they invented that. But anyway my mom took the opportunity of my being there to have me set back all the clocks in the household. Two days in advance mind you! So as I was setting back the clock on our first VCR (yes we still have our first Sanyo; but it doesn't go as far back as you might think as it is not an audio/video component with wood trim). Any way, my father was like "Don't these gadgets have a mechanism where they can set them themselves?" I smirked and responded "Shyeah right." Pops took it the wrong way and thought I was belittling his collection of old electronics. "So your stuff is better than mine eh?"

Having a degree in Electrical Engineering, I'm supposed to know how to repair microwaves and install ceiling fans. OK I have installed all the ceiling fans in my parent's home. But for some reason the light switch doesn't quite work with the fan as my mom would like. Of course, she wants the dimmer control to control the light and not the fan. Unfortunately, the instructions for the ceiling fan have nothing about dimmer controls. So when she dims the lights, the fan slows down. I hear about it every summer. As for the microwave, my mom feels my degree is worthless.

No comments: