Wednesday, October 15, 2003

So I finally got broadband a couple weeks ago. I live in Loudoun County (LoCo), VA. Its pretty much the internet capital of the world, home of AOL and MCI WorldCom and countless other tech firms. But the high-speed situation was pretty dry. No DSL, no cable (thank you Adelphia!) until two weeks ago. I hate Adelphia, but I hate 56k even more. So now I pay about 50 bones a month to download pages faster. I haven't gotten on the mp3 kick yet. I had broadband when I lived with my parents a couple years ago in Fairfax and used to download junk all the time. When I moved out here, I was stuck sharing a 56k AOL account with my sister and my wife's stepmother (my step-mother-in-law?). For those of you who don't know about AOL, only one user can be logged on at any given time. So we always had these battles kicking each other off. Of course it took about half an hour to dial in and half an hour for AOL to load before finding out the account was already in use. Basically, getting online was a drag for the past 2 years. Now I've discovered blogs and friendster and all this other stuff outside my 2-year routine of visiting espn.com, hotmail.com and cnn.com. So anyone know how to get mp3's and movies without getting busted? Holler at me...

No comments: