Thursday, October 30, 2003

Ramadan Mubarak all! We're already 10% done. I failed my first test of the month on the way to Tarawih Sunday night this rice boy cut me off and I high beemed him and uttered some colorful words which haven't yet made your favorite 64-count Crayola box. Alhamdulillah I recognized my flaw right away and sought forgiveness.

I have to admit I am afflicted with some road rage but Sunday night made me realize that a middle finger after the fact doesn't really do one any good.

Its a blessing that Ramadan heightens our sensitivities to personal flaws which we might not ordinarily pay attention to. Hate to be cliche but fasting definitely isn't about starving oneself but controlling our nafs. We might be able to blame shaytan 11 months of the year but we can't blame anyone but ourselves during this Holy month.

I pray that everyone takes the opportunity to build upon this month for the rest of the year and the rest of their lives.

No comments: