Saturday, May 22, 2004

I took over putting Nuriya to sleep about four nights ago. Never done it before. It is awesome though, despite it taking 20 minutes. Basically I take her upstairs at 9:30 and make sure all the lights are out. She cries and tries to walk up my chest to get out of my grip. Meanwhile downstairs mom is fighting the urge to have me bring her down while listening to her cries on the baby monitor. They don't last long though. Mariam gets upset that I liken this to "breaking her spirit" as Nuriya's cries slow to a whimper, and then finally she falls asleep at my shoulder. As I lean over the crib, sleeping beauty clings to me as I lay her gently. The hardest part is attempting to remove my arm from beneath her without disturbing her. Its flattering to feel that she grips on to it, her security blanket. SubhanAllah.

If I'm lucky, I make it downstairs in time for the beginning of CSI.

No comments: